[So It Goes - Slaughterhouse-Five]


 I recently finished Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five and I learnt one very important lesson (spoiler alert): Everything dies. No, really, everything dies. The champagne dies, even the water. The water dies!

This book was the first in a while that I HAD to finish. I had to know how it ended. Of course, I've read a few other books lately, but they've all been read cause “there's nothing else to do and nothing else to read". Well, with the exception of one: Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk, but more on that later (coming soon).

Slaughterhouse-Five is mainly centred on World War II, which would normally be a hard no for me after reading the back cover. However, BuzzFeed specified this article: 26 Books That Will Change the Way You See The World (if you haven't read this list, get on it) and is the reason I even picked this book up. Well, not just picked it up, but specifically went to the bookstore and asked to be pointed in the direction of this book.

In that article, the book is summed up in three short sentences. Those three sentences were enough to make me read this book cover to cover in just two days... one if I hadn't left the house (which almost happened). By the end of the book, I had done what the writer of the article, Erin La Rosa, had promised. I had started to learn to "accept what happens, and look forward to the future".
I think that I'll start doing what Kurt Vonnegut says: whenever something bad happens, just say "so it goes" and move on.


Article By. Nakita Raper